Meet the new BBC micro:bit v2 - Upgraded with a powerful new processor that has tons more capability and also adds more sensing with a new speaker and microphone!
The latest micro:bit will fit right into your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. More features, including easy ways to take AI and ML into the classroom, will be released throughout 2021.
Some new features of the board:
- A more powerful Nordic nRF52833 processor, lots more RAM and Flash so MicroPython works a lot better!
- A MEMS microphone, can hear the world around it
- A speaker, provide audio feedback, play tones
- Capacitive touch sensor, the logo now acts as a button you can boop!
- Power saving mode, double click the reset button to enter low power mode.
This is the micro:bit Go Bundle, with batteries, battery holder, and microUSB cable. (For the individual micro:bit (no extras) click here. We also have a Club 10-Pack for classrooms and workshops.)
Exciting, right? Well, the micro:bit Go bundle is the perfect starter kit for the BBC micro:bit v2. It includes everything you need to begin learning about hardware and software, even a little USB cable and batteries. No programming or hardware experience is necessary!
- Computer/laptop with Internet access
micro:bit v2 Go Starter Pack (Pre-Order)
- USB, Radio, serial, and Bluetooth Low energy connectivity.
- A Compass and Accelerometer.
- 2 x user-assignable buttons.
- A fully programmable 25 LED display.
- 25 pin notched edge connector.
- Onboard speaker.
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator.
- Touch-sensitive logo.
- Light level sensing.
- Temperature sensing.
- Built-in sleep/off mode allowing the board to be powered-down with batteries connected.
- A discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories.
- Power status LED and USB data transfer LED.