Meet the new BBC micro:bit v2 - Upgraded with a powerful new processor that has tons more capability and also adds more sensing with a new speaker and microphone!
The latest micro:bit will fit right into your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. More features, including easy ways to take AI and ML into the classroom, will be released throughout 2021.
It's the same size and shape as the original micro:bit so you can use the same accessories you already own.
- microB USB Cable for programming
- Computer/laptop with Internet access
Note: This is just the micro:bit board, no extras. We also have a Go pack version with AAA batteries and battery holder and a Club 10-Pack for classrooms and workshops.
micro:bit v2 Board (Pre-Order)
- USB, Radio, serial, and Bluetooth Low energy connectivity.
- A Compass and Accelerometer.
- 2 x user-assignable buttons.
- A fully programmable 25 LED display.
- 25 pin notched edge connector.
- Onboard speaker.
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator.
- Touch-sensitive logo.
- Light level sensing.
- Temperature sensing.
- Built-in sleep/off mode allowing the board to be powered-down with batteries connected.
- A discrete regulator that can supply up to 200mA of current to external accessories.
- Power status LED and USB data transfer LED.